Jim Rohn was an American author, entrepreneur and motivational speaker. His rags to riches story and motivational speeches inspired many to better their lives. Jim Rohn passed away in 2009 but left behind many great quotes. Here’s our favorites:
1. “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom.”
When life gets rough, dont say ‘Why me?’ say ‘Try me!’
2. “We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.”
Sometimes you have to do what needs to be done even though you don’t feel like doing it. Do what needs to be done so you don’t have to look back and wish you would have done something differently.
3. “Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.”
You only have one life, one opportunity to make your dreams come true. Use it.
4. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”
Goals are nice but if you want to actually achieve your goals you need to make the necessary sacrifices to achieve them.
5. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”
Big risks also have big rewards. To get the most out of life you sometimes need to take a leap of faith.
6. “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.”
The key to success is in your daily routine. If you work towards your goal for a day you won’t accomplish much, but if you work towards your goal everyday for five years straight it will have a huge effect. Stay consistent!
7. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.”
Just because you’re not where you want to be in life doesn’t mean you can’t be happy. Enjoy the journey!
8. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”
We have today what people could only dream of: an infinite amount of information available at our fingertips. One quick google search and we could learn about anything we want. Use it to your advantage.
9. “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
Choose wisely. If someone is dragging you down, be brave enough to cut them out of your life.
10. “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.”
‘It’s too early’, ‘I’m tired’, ‘I don’t have time’. It’s easy to make excuses but you will never accomplish your dreams if you keep making excuses. If you really want something you need to stop making excuses and make it happen!
11. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.”
Time can get away from you very quickly if you don’t have a plan of action for the day.